Wednesday, March 17, 2010

If nothing else, just be proud to be ALIVE



I know my limits, I’m not bound
I’m not confined I can go around
I love my freedom, lucky I’m here
Thank God I wasn’t born with a fear
Hate that time when women were supressed
Beaten, scared, forced and oppressed
I don’t know how they survived in that male world
During that time, it was unfortunate to be a girl
Had no voice
Had no choice
Did what they were told to, things were forced upon
Family, rules, regulations, they had to hold on
Those who stood up for their rights were called lunatics
Treated like animals, their life was tragic
Dependant, first on their father then husband
They were nothing for them but burden
Lived in a confined cell
Life was living hell
I, rather, we are lucky enough
None of us could have tolerated this stuff
I love my freedom
So should you
I realize that seldom
But then we really should.

2 comments:

  1. Well said... i agree. Being a surviver is not a big deal... deal is to realise the worth of surviving n not letting it go waste :) Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete